Is there a cost associated with staying during the intersession?
Yes, there is a onetime charge based on the three pricing structures.
- Enhanced - $900
- Standard with A/C- $600
- Standard - $300
Will I be able to use my meal plan?
IU Dining will provide limited service through Grubhub. View the details on their website.
Can I receive mail during the intersession?
Mail service will be available when the center desks are open.
Intersession Center Desk Hours:
- Friday, November 20 - 8 a.m. – 12 midnight
- Saturday, November 21 – Tuesday, November 24 - 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 25 - 8 a.m. – 12 noon
- Thursday, November 26 – Sunday, November 30 - Closed
- Monday, November 30 through Friday, December 18 (Monday – Friday ONLY) 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, December 19, 2020 through Sunday, January 3, 2021 – Closed
- Monday, January 4 through Tuesday, February 2 (open open Monday – Friday ONLY) 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
What happens if there is an emergency in the building during the intersession?
Residential Life staff will be on-call 24/7. A phone number to reach staff will be provided to students approved to remain.
Can I have guests during the intersession?
No, all RPS and university policies will continue to be enforced.
If I'm approved to stay and I would receive a positive COVID-19 test during the intersession, what happens?
You will be required to move to isolation housing on campus or go home.
Do I have to allow work to be performed in my room during the intersession?
You do have to allow the HVAC system to be serviced. You do not have to allow deep cleaning, but we strongly encourage you to allow environmental operations to clean your room.