How we save energy
- Calibrated heating/cooling systems
- Energy-efficient appliances and equipment
- Fluorescent light fixtures in student rooms
- LED (Light-Emitting Diode) lighting in public spaces
- Occupancy sensor lighting in some centers
We strive to create life-changing experiences by building relationships, developing others, and creating a sense of belonging for our students, their families, and the IU community.
* As of November 1, 2016, IU implemented a policy requiring all new university websites to meet the accessibility standards set forth by Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA. Some links included on this page may connect to documents maintained by an outside organization or government entity and may not be in a format that is accessible to all audiences. In such cases, users are encouraged to contact the host organization or government entity to obtain a suitable version.
Our daily operations and construction projects are managed to conserve energy and reduce waste and chemical use. We also have programs available for residents to get involved.