We've streamlined the assignment process for new applicants.
Here is a summary of the housing assignment process we'll be using for Fall 2021.
- If you do not want to live on campus and believe you qualify for an exemption, submit a residency exemption requests BEFORE applying for housing. The $200 application fee is not refundable.
- Assignments will be processed by groups and not individual application dates.
Assignment priority groups
|Applications received February 1 – 11:59 p.m. on May 1||Cost category and one preference|
|Applications received May 2 – 11:59 p.m. on May 10||Cost category or one preference|
|Applications received May 11 – 11:59 p.m. on June 1||Any available room|
|Applications received June 2 – 11:59 p.m. on July 15||Available room or temporary space|
|Applications received July 16 or later||Stand by - assignment pending availability|
You may request a roommate, or accept a randomly assigned roommate, or opt to pay a higher price and not have a roommate. Things to note about roommate requests:
- Roommate requests must be mutual.
- Differences in cost category and learning community selections, or medical needs may nullify mutual roommate requests.
- Incoming transfer and graduate students, we have options for you as well. We work to place you in our furnished apartment area. Review information on Union Street Center and The Avenue