Students living in the community are provided opportunities to build community, engage in campus activities, and develop leadership skills while receiving a housing scholarship. Students in the community may expect to:
- Participate in community committees
- Attend six Hoosier Experience events to earn the First-Year Hoosier Experience Achievement Award
- Maintain a 3.0 semester and cumulative GPA
- Have an SAT combined score of 1260 and/or an ACT composite score of 27 if academic test scores were submitted to IU
- Be eligible for an additional scholarship provided by alumni from the community
- Receive a housing scholarship which covers 55% of the room cost for a single room in the same center
Please note: Students applying for the Residence Scholars Community should have unmet or demonstrated financial need according to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.