Students living in the community are provided opportunities to build community, engage in campus activities, and develop leadership skills while receiving a housing scholarship. Students in the community may expect to:
- Be involved in leadership development opportunities such as the student leadership council that plans and executes programming for all residents, community service, and social events.
- Attend six Hoosier Experience events to earn the First-Year Hoosier Experience Achievement Award (as available for 2021-22)
- Maintain a 3.0 semester and cumulative GPA
- Have a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Complete a course on IU Canvas that will orient students to the campus, community, and college life itself in exchange for a certificate of completion and other incentives.
- Be eligible for an additional scholarship provided by alumni from the community
- Receive a housing scholarship which covers 45% of the room cost for a single room in the same center
Please note: Students applying for the Residence Scholars Community should have unmet or demonstrated financial need according to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.