Your Residential Life Management Team
Residence Life Coordinator - Operations
Residence Life Coordinator - Student Development
Heating and Cooling
These buildings are air-conditioned with non-operable windows. When the outdoor temperature is above 55° F, air-conditioning can be set from 74 to 78° F. When the outdoor air temperature is below 55° F, heating can be set from 68 to 72° F.
- Do not tamper with or hang items from the smoke detectors and/or fire sprinkler head.
- Only use CommandTM hooks, tacky putty, or painter's tape to hang decorative lights and other items.
- Indiana University does not accept liability for personal belongings, so residents must secure their own renter's insurance. GradGuard, an authorized insurance provider for IU, offers insurance quotes at go.iu.edu/getinsured.
- Trash and recycling bins are provided in all rooms.
- Do not place furniture in front of or hang items on the HVAC unit.
- To explore different bed options for your room and make appointments for bed rearrangement, visit our vendor's website at bedloft.com. The mattresses provided are extra-long twin size and have a height of 20 inches from the floor.
- Use surge protectors and connect them directly to wall outlets. Avoid connecting extension cords and surge protectors in a series. Ensure that all electrical appliances are UL listed, have thermostatic controls if necessary, and are rated at 700 (6 amps) or lower.
- Furniture cannot be removed or stored outside of the room.
- Fire retardant blinds and/or curtains are provided and must not be taken down. The building is air-conditioned, and the windows cannot be opened.
- The desk chair comes apart to create a floor rocker chair and a stool or table.
When the outdoor temperature is above 55° F, air-conditioning can be set from 74 to 78° F. When the outdoor air temperature is below 55° F, heating can be set from 68 to 72° F.
- For the 2 bedroom apartment, dishes, pots, pans, and cutlery are not provided.
Multi-use desk chairs
Make two pieces of furniture from one!